Thursday, December 10, 2015

Reflective post!

Every experience in life is an opportunity to learn and move forward; this class was just that, a stepping stone towards a great goal. My views on technology and education have not changed, however my understand of technology and education have. I was introduced to new programs and tools to enhance my students learning, and how to use these technologies appropriately.

A topic we discussed during this semester was that of smartphones, should they to be allowed in class? If so, to what extent? Just to humor you, my opinion stays the same. Smartphone are some of the most powerful computer, and have become an important part of live; to communicate, for entertainment, business, and education. As longs as there are limitations, regulations, and appropriate consequences for infractions.



A second topic I discussed this semester was that of building a digital identity. This refers back to what a teacher knows about technology, where the teachers strengths and weaknesses lie. How does a teacher teach, is the teacher responsible with technology, and does the teacher maintain professionalism on programs like social media.

Even though this was an online class, I had the pleasure of interacting with classmates through discussions, and working together on an online project, our lesson plan. The discussion were really well thought out by the students that I read, and enhanced my understanding on the topic discussed. I also received some great feedback from my classmates, in return, I tried to send well thought out replies.

Overall, I had a great time in this class. I have never written a blog, I have never made a website, never devised a lesson plan before this class. Now I feel comfortable with the blogging idea, websites are a blast to make, and lesson plans are still a little rocky, but they can only get better. I have learned tons, and am grateful for the experience.



Sources:
Maloy, R. (n.d.). Transforming learning with new technologies (2nd ed.).

1 comment:

  1. You have definitely accomplished many important skills this semester and increased your content knowledge on the topic, as well. It is always interesting to read the perspectives of students as they look back over the past few months and realize all that they've learned. Thanks for sharing your reflections. :) Oh, and, there will be plenty of practice for those lesson plans in future education classes...and you'll find that there will be different perspectives there as well. Eventually, they will become more solid as you practice but I find them still worth tweaking even with my many years of experience - somethings are always changing! :)

    ReplyDelete